Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Ballad of Senor Shucks Pigknuckles, Professional Consultant Extraordinaire

...and I still have a song in my throat
and a prayer between each hand,
           but my teeth,
     my teeth I keep dug in
              real deep,
    so that these days
       my tongue seems shorter.
'Cause I've sung
     too many unheard hymns
 to really sing anymore,
and I've prayed to
      too many faithless gods
to really pray anymore.
    I think I was a child
when I lost faith in myself,
        a youth when God left,
but yesterday,
        yesterday humanity was lost.
Yesterday is the blood in my eye,
       the tear on my sleeve
   so I'll wipe
             the blood off your face
      but me,
          me I swallow mine
    and dig in deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment