Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mornings in Mephadrome

You say,
        "baby, it ain't never been like this"
       and you gave another shake
                    and a moan
        and turned in bed,
               away from me,
    but I could still see you shaking it out,
               shaking off
all those enlightening
                         conversations
and all those exciting
                         plans
and all those heartfelt
                        confessions
sneezed from the 
            dusty deviated septums
    of all the best friends
                                    and ex-lovers
         we will never remember.
            And they all feel like I feel,
gray and abstracted
         like some cheap chemical factory,
festering and creeping
         like the mold in my bathroom wall,
wet and overfull,
         like the sagging ceiling tiles,
cold and useless
         like...
well, like me,
                   before I shake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment